- Cooking Time: 120
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup dried grated coconut
- 4 cups currants
- 16 slices candied pineapple, cut into narrow wedges
- 1 pound whole red candied cherries
- 3 cups unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup citron, chopped
- 1 cup orange peel
- 1 cup lemon peel
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup peach brandy
- Decorations: (optional)
- 1 cup candied pineapple wedges
- 2 cups candied cherries
- 2/3 cup citron
- 2 cups unsalted macadamia nuts. chopped
- Line 7 1 pound loaf pans with heavy waxed paper that has been buttered.
- In a medium bowl mix and sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large stainless steel bowl add all the fruits and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Resift flour mixture over fruit and nuts.
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, then beaten eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Fold into floured fruit-nut mixture.
- Mix well, then add sherry.
- Stir until completely blended.
- Fill lined loaf pans 3/4 full with cake batter and bake on center rack over over pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake at 300ºF for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove pan of water.
- Combine candied pineapple, cherries, citron and macadamia nuts and decorate cakes at this time.
- Bake cakes for 30 minutes longer.
- Cool cakes in pans. Remove and wrap cakes in fresh wax paper then foil.
- Once a week for 4 weeks unwrap cakes and drizzle more peach brandy on the cakes.
NotesThis recipe was given to us by our late sister in law Johanna in 1969. Actually Johanna made it for Christmas in 1969, after we tasted a couple of slices we requested her recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More