- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 in)
- 1 1/4 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell.
- Chill 30 min.
- In a mixing bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Carefully pour over the cream cheese layer. Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- Remove foil.
- Bake 25 min longer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 10 -15 min more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in the fridge.
NotesWhenever I take this pie to a holiday party, potluck supper or bake sale, I take along copies of the recipe, too...I'm sure to be asked for it. With the pie's very rich taste, even a sliver is satisfying. It is a must for the dessert table for the holidays and the only pumpkin pie my family wants to have.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More