- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 in)
- 1 1/4 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over bottom of pie shell.
- Chill 30 min.
- In a mixing bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Carefully pour over the cream cheese layer. Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min.
- Remove foil.
- Bake 25 min longer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 10 -15 min more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in the fridge.
NotesWhenever I take this pie to a holiday party, potluck supper or bake sale, I take along copies of the recipe, too...I'm sure to be asked for it. With the pie's very rich taste, even a sliver is satisfying. It is a must for the dessert table for the holidays and the only pumpkin pie my family wants to have.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More