- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium onions; chopped fine
- 8 tablespoon margarine, divided
- 1/2 lb farmer or cottage cheese
- 1/2 lb muenster cheese; shredded coarse
- 2 cups cream-style corn (16 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt; preferably coarse
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 pinch ground anise seed (optional)
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Shake to remove excess.
- In skillet saute onions in 4 tablespoons margarine.
- Add farmer cheese, blend thoroughly.
- Add Muenster cheese, onions, corn, salt, milk, and cornmeal, mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then lightly beat yolks separately.
- Add yolks, and stir into cornmeal mixture.
- Add anise seed if using.
- Fold in egg whites and turn into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 45 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve hot, cut in squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More