- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1/2 cup find dry plain bread crumbs (I use Italian bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (I use Asiago or Romano sometimes as well.)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 20 large sea scallops
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the garnish:
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped (I usually use two cubes of the fresh frozen cilantro that I keep in my freezer.)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To make the coating:
- Combine the coating ingredients on a plate and mix with your fingers.
- Wash the scallops and remove the small, tough side muscle.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place in small bowl.
- Add the olive oil and mix to coat.
- Dip the scalllops in the coating, turning to cover evenly.
- Gently press the crumbs onto the scallops.
- Place the scallops in a single layer on a clean plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the crumbs.
- To make the garnish:
- Mix the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Spray the scallops with olive oil.
- Place on grate 1 - 2 inches apart and grill over Direct High heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and spoon the garnish onto each scallop.
- Serve immediately.
NotesI got this from Weber's Big Book of Grilling and it is makes the best tasting scallops I've ever had, and I love scallops!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Lau Family Recipes
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More