PARMESAN BREADED SCALLOPS
- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1/2 cup find dry plain bread crumbs (I use Italian bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (I use Asiago or Romano sometimes as well.)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 20 large sea scallops
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the garnish:
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped (I usually use two cubes of the fresh frozen cilantro that I keep in my freezer.)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
To make the coating:
Combine the coating ingredients on a plate and mix with your fingers.
Wash the scallops and remove the small, tough side muscle.
Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place in small bowl.
Add the olive oil and mix to coat.
Dip the scalllops in the coating, turning to cover evenly.
Gently press the crumbs onto the scallops.
Place the scallops in a single layer on a clean plate.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the crumbs.
To make the garnish:
Mix the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil together in a small bowl.
Spray the scallops with olive oil.
Place on grate 1 - 2 inches apart and grill over Direct High heat for 2 minutes on each side.
Remove from the grill and spoon the garnish onto each scallop.