- Cooking Time: 5 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- - Crusty bread - (this is Panera bread's - four cheese bread and Sesame Samolina)
- - Heirloom tomatoes (these happen to be Trader Joe's minis)
- - Multi-colored bell peppers (again Trader Joe's minis)
- - fresh basil
- - garlic clove
- - olive oil (I used Verni's, a local presser - by far the best I've EVER tasted. Don't scrimp on this and PLEASE don't use EVOO)
- - shredded parmesan (I used DiGiorno's parmesan, ramon and asiago mix, but you could use mozzarella too)
Slice tomatoes and peppers into nice bite size chunks. Chop the basil and garlic, set all aside. (I do this while the bread is cooking.)
Slice the bread in thick(er) slices. In a hot frying pan, generously pour olive oil and make sure one side of each piece is has enough oil to saute it well. Cook until toasted then flip and do the same (be sure to add more oil). Once it's crispy and toasty (leave the burner on med-med low), remove to a tray and immediately add a generous heap of cheese.
Immediately throw your tomatoes, peppers and garlic in the hot pan. Toss around for just a few seconds, not even long enough for the tomatoes to soften. Just long enough for the flavors to meld a bit. Turn off heat and heap the pan mixture onto each of your toasts. Then eat! You can add salt and/or pepper to this, but the cheese is salty enough you really don't need to.