- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 (1 cup each)
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and parsley.
NotesAnother yummy recipe from Cooking Light.
CALORIES 395(18% from fat); FAT 8g (sat 2.8g,mono 3.7g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 29.9g; CHOLESTEROL 57mg; CALCIUM 171mg; SODIUM 656mg; FIBER 2g; IRON 4.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 44.4g