PARMESAN CRUSTED GRILLED CHEESE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Your favorite mac & cheese recipe or from a box (Link to Kelsey's mac & cheese recipe is below)
- 1 (2.8 ounce) soft bacon pieces
- Eight 1/2-inch thick slices brioche bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 slices tomato, cut thin (or 4 large slices, depending on how big your tomato is)
- 2½ cups finely shredded Parmesan
- Make your mac & cheese. Add soft bacon pieces. Mix well into mac & cheese.
- Top all 8 slices of bread with a slice of American cheese. This will act as your glue. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of the mac and cheese onto four of the slices and sprinkle with some basil. Top with 1 or 2 tomato slices, and cover with a second slice of bread.
- In a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat, spread 1/3 cup of the grated Parmesan in an even circle roughly the same size as your bread. Let the Parmesan begin to melt and brown, 2 to 3 minutes. As soon as it gets golden brown, set a sandwich on top of the Parmesan. Cook for 2 minutes more. The Parmesan will adhere to the bread and create a nice crispy crust. Remove the sandwich from the skillet and repeat the same process, adding more parmesan to the skillet for the other side of the sandwich. Depending on the size of your pan, you may be able to do two sandwiches at a time.
NotesI love watching Kelsey's Essentials on The Cooking Channel! She is cute as a button and so is her kitchen! She always matches her outfit and dishes with her kitchen! You can find her recipe for her mac & cheese and the different things she put on her sandwich on the link provided below!
Would you look at this parmesan crusted baby! The outside of the bread is covered with a layer of parmesan cheese! OMGoodness, just the smell of it will get your taste buds moving! Awesome sandwich! Nice and ooey, gooey, chessy delight! Very filling and if you aren't very hungry I would suggest splitting 1 sandwich with your loved one or a friend! My hubby and I wished we would of done exactly that! We were totally stuffed and left a little on our plates! We were hungry when we started but man oh man it's filling! I think this would be great with leftover mac & cheese so don't worry about not eating it all! I'm thinking about different ways of using the melted parmesan on bread for other things! Maybe parmesan garlic bread? Sounds good to me!