- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zet
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. capers
- cooking spray
- Mix flour and salt in a shallow dish.
- Mix pepper, cheese and crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Beat egg white in a third shallow dish.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a non-stick pan, and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dredge each chop in flour, then egg, then crumb mixture. Spray each side lightly with cooking spray and place in hot pan.
- Cook on each side on medium/high heat for 4-6 minutes, until a brown crust forms.
- Finish chops in the oven by cooking at 350 for another 5-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in the center reads around 160 degrees ( I like it a little pink ).
- Remove chops from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to stovetop and add chicken stock, lemon juice, capers and zest. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup and serve over chops.
NotesI got my new issue of Cooking Light magazine in the mailbox yesterday, and instantly found this awesome pork chop recipe. I didn't have exactly the right ingredients, so I had to do a little switching. They came out so tender and juicy, with a lovely crispy crust. Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Italian Exchange
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More