- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zet
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. capers
- cooking spray
- Mix flour and salt in a shallow dish.
- Mix pepper, cheese and crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Beat egg white in a third shallow dish.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a non-stick pan, and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dredge each chop in flour, then egg, then crumb mixture. Spray each side lightly with cooking spray and place in hot pan.
- Cook on each side on medium/high heat for 4-6 minutes, until a brown crust forms.
- Finish chops in the oven by cooking at 350 for another 5-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in the center reads around 160 degrees ( I like it a little pink ).
- Remove chops from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to stovetop and add chicken stock, lemon juice, capers and zest. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup and serve over chops.
NotesI got my new issue of Cooking Light magazine in the mailbox yesterday, and instantly found this awesome pork chop recipe. I didn't have exactly the right ingredients, so I had to do a little switching. They came out so tender and juicy, with a lovely crispy crust. Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More