- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup orzo, uncooked
- 1 tbls butter
- 1 - 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- ¼ c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbls dried parsley
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add orzo and stir for 2-3 minutes to lightly toasted.
- Add broth, bring to a boil for 1 min. Turn heat to low, cover, and cook 15 min til broth is almost absorbed and orzo is soft.
- Add cheese, parsley, and stir.
- (I also added garlic and onion powder. I might even add some red pepper flakes next time for a bit of a kick).
Notesgot this recipe from the Nest a week ago. I have made this recipe twice in that past week. Today at the grocery store I had to buy another box of Orzo. It is my newest pantry staple!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More