- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryThese potatoes ended up being really tasty and easy to make. The edges were nicely crisp and browned and the combination of parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper lent a nice flavor. Next time I would probably add a bit more of each of the spices and maybe even a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper or a 1/2 tsp of cajun spice mix. If you have your own favorite set of spices, this would lend itself to a lot of experimentation. Maybe a curry flavored batch sometime? Hmmm.
** Recipe discovered in my RSS Feeds via Stephanie Cooks who re-posted it from What's Gaby Cooking? A few changes and additions by me.
- 4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cubed potatoes into a baking dish. (The cubes of potatoes should be about 3/4 of an inch on all sides) You can spray the baking dish with a baking spray too to eliminate anything possibly sticking
- Pile on the olive oil, garlic salt, salt, paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Using your fingers (or spoon) get in to the potatoes and carefully mix everything around until the seasonings coat each potato.
- Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the potatoes with a pair of tongs. Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for about 15 – 25 minutes more until they are golden and crispy.
- Season with an little dusting of sea salt if desired and serve.