PARMESAN RISOTTO W/SPINACH & MUSHROOMS
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen, drained chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- olive oil or butter
- In pan, saute garlic in olive oil or butter.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil/butter.
- Add white wine and reduce.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and stir until reduced.
- Continue to add 1 cup of broth at a time until it is all reduced.
- Stir in mushrooms and spinach, cook until heated through.
- Add cheese and a touch of half & half. Stir.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 2 minutes before serving.