PARMESAN ROASTED ASPARAGUS
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Servings: 6 (wow, again, 2 here)
- 2 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons cut in wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom half of each. Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute. Serve with lemon wedges.
NOTE Ina prefers thick asparagus to thin ones; they have much more flavor.
Food & Wine Tip: Definitely look for thicker spears, as thin ones will overcook easily. Also instead of popping the asparagus back in the oven to melt the cheese, sprinkle it on as soon as the asparagus are out and it will melt on contact.