- Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1-2 loaves of party rye (found usually in the deli area)
- 4-5 ounces of grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip!)
- 3/4 of one small onion
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- Grate onion in blender or food processor, then mix with other ingredients.
- Spread mixture on pieces of party rye.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown - about 10 minutes in toaster oven - could be 15-20 minutes in regular oven, but watch to be sure.
- Serve warm out of the oven, but be careful - because these are small someone invariably "pops" a whole one in their mouth, and burns the roof of their mouth on the hot cheese!
- Leftovers freeze well.
NotesWhen I was a kid, my mom worked full time AND went to college. However, she is a social critter, and she and Dad often had folks over to play cards on Friday night. Hours of food preparation just wasn't possible, so these were a quick and easy favorite.
Submitted by: "Kelly Dial"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Paul's Food World Volume 1
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More