- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup good olive, plain or flavored with basil or garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the baguette diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Depending on the size of the baguette, you should get about 20 to 25 slices.
- Lay the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkly liberally with salt and pepper (I also add basil).
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
- Bake the toasts for 15 to 20 minutes until they are browned and crisp.
- Serve at room temperature.
Notes(Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten's 'The Barefoot Contessa')
These work great with dip as an appetizer, or in soup. Be sure to make a lot because they tend to go very quickly!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More