- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter 9x9" square baking pan. Steam zucchini until tender, about ten minutes. Transfer to large bowl and mash coarsely with fork. Spoon zucchini into sieve and drain well, pressing to release excess water. Place drained zucchini in bowl.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until light brown, about ten minutes. Add onion mixture to zucchini in bowl. Add eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan, breadcrumbs and basil; stir to blend well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake until firm in center and brown on top, about 45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.