PARMIGIANO & HERB CHICKEN TENDERS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil, for frying (we used peanut oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs (we used regular)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 6 sprigs or stems fresh thyme leaves, stripped and chopped, 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, 3 tablespoons
- 2 handfuls chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used garlic powder - the thought of deep fried garlic cloves seemed a little wrong).
- Heat 1/2-inch oil in a large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium to medium high heat. (We used our deep fryer, heated to about 370 degrees).
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs with water in a second dish along side the flour.
- In a third dish, combine the breading ingredients.
- Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then bread and cheese mixture.
- To keep your hands clean, ask for plastic gloves at the butcher counter.
- To ease your clean up, try using disposable tin pie tins for the flour, egg and bread crumbs.
- Cook chicken until deeply golden on each side, 3 to 4 minutes. (Because of the deep fryer, we just fried them for 5 minutes total).
- Transfer to cookie sheet in preheated oven and finish off for another 5 minutes cooking time.
- Cook chicken 5 or 6 tenders at a time in a single layer, adding additional oil if necessary.
- If the chicken begins to brown too quickly lower heat slightly. (We just skipped this, as the tenders didn't need additional cooking time). Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
Notes(foodnetwork.com, slightly modified)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More