- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 6 sprigs or stems fresh thyme leaves, stripped and chopped, 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, 3 tablespoons
- 2 handfuls chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Chicken Parmigiano, recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a nonstick cookie sheet in oven with a tin foil liner.
- Heat 1/2-inch oil in a large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Wash hands. Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat eggs with water in a second dish along side the flour. In a third dish, combine the breading ingredients. Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then bread and cheese mixture. To keep your hands clean, ask for plastic gloves at the butcher counter. To ease your clean up, try using disposable tin pie tins for the flour, egg and bread crumbs.
- Cook chicken until deeply golden on each side, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to cookie sheet in preheated oven and finish off for another 5 minutes cooking time. Cook chicken 5 or 6 tenders at a time in a single layer, adding additional oil if necessary. If the chicken begins to brown too quickly lower heat slightly. Serve chicken hot or cold with green salad or, complete as a Parmigiano.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More