- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (from a moist piece of cheese)
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 to 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a clean egg carton (or a small bottle/can)
- preheat oven to 325F
- For the CRISPS: (I found only baking a few (2-3) at a time makes them easiest to work with, otherwise they harden much too quickly making them impossible to shape)
- Line a backing sheet with a Silpat (or parchment)
- place a 2.5 inch ring mold in one corner of the Silpat and fill it with 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese.
- Using your finger, spread the cheese into an even layer.
- Repeat to make 8 (although i recommend only doing 4 at a time) leaving an inch between them.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crisps are a rich golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 30 seconds to firm the crisps enough so you can remove them with a spatula.
- One by one, remove the crisps and gently press each one into a hollow in the egg carton to form a tulip shape. after a few minutes, remove the cooled crisps and make more!
- goat cheese mousse:
- place the cheese in a food processor and process. pour 1/4 cup of the cream through the feed tube and continue to process until the mixture is smooth but will hold a shape when piped; if necessary, add a little more cream.
- Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste and mix just to combine. taste and adjust the seasoning.
- place the mouse in a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. pep 2 to 3 tablespoons of mousse into each crisp and serve.
- ** if you dont have a pastry bag, use a freezer baggie and clip a corner to pipe.
- ** for a real treat, add pickled beets to the top and some thyme.
- these are so so so yummy and they impress everyone!
- ** if you cant afford reggiano, grated parm works just fine :)
- ** fill with anything you like if you don't care for the goat cheese mousse. if is delicious with heirloom tomatoes, olive oil and basil... use your imagination!
NotesEveryone is always amazed when these are served. They are so beautiful, so delicate, and SO delicious. Best of all, they are easy if you are only making a dozen or so. I got this recipe from Thomas Keller too...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More