- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 parsnips
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 veggie broth bouillon cube
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the parsnips into 1/2" circles.
- Saute leek and parsnips in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Then add the wine and cook until the liquid is gone.
- Add a cup of water and the bouillon cube and cover.
- Cook until the parsnips are soft, about another 5 minutes.
- Put all ingredients into the Vitamix.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for a few minutes until the texture is velvety smooth and the soup is steaming hot.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
NotesI had this soup at a restaurant and asked for the recipe. They were kind enough to share the ingredients with me and I created our version of this yummy soup. Who ever thought parsnips could be so tasty?
Note: If you want an incredibly rich (non-vegan) version, use cream instead of soy milk!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More