- Cooking Time: 20-30 mins or 2 1/2 hrs
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large parsnips, peeled cut into bite-size pieces (julienne)
- 4-5 large carrots peeled and julienne (or equal amount baby carrots)
- ½1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Zest of 3 oranges
- -Mix up into covered casserole.
- Juice of 3 oranges
- 3/4¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- -Microwave for two minutes.
- Put the first group in a casserole dish.
- Put the second group of ingredients into a microwavable dish and microwave for two minutes.
- Pour over the casserole and cover.
- Bake for 2 1/2½ hours at 325° or microwave for 20- 30 minutes (stir it about twice during the course of the cooking to makes sure all the veggies get mixed in with the sauce.
NotesMy mother read part of a recipe and decided to incorporate it into her own creation using parsnips. When ever she has tried parsnips before they were quite bland, and this recipes sweetens them right up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More