- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped piniento
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green pepper*
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion*
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper*
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- With you hands, cream the cream cheese.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients, except pecans.
- Mix well and shape into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped pecans.
- Wrap in wax paper, then in foil.
- Chill for at least 24 hours before serving.
- * I add a little more of these 3 ingredients. A scant 1/4 cup of the onion and pepper and 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper.
NotesI have tried other recipes for cheese balls, but I always come back to the one my mom always made during the holidays when I was growing up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More