- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have tried other recipes for cheese balls, but I always come back to the one my mom always made during the holidays when I was growing up.
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped piniento
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green pepper*
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion*
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper*
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- With you hands, cream the cream cheese.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients, except pecans.
- Mix well and shape into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped pecans.
- Wrap in wax paper, then in foil.
- Chill for at least 24 hours before serving.
- * I add a little more of these 3 ingredients. A scant 1/4 cup of the onion and pepper and 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More