- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- 90g pure icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 80mL passionfruit juice **
- 225g all-purpose flour
- 100g corn starch
- Ganache Ingredients
- 90mL pouring cream
- 45mL passionfruit juice
- 180g white chocolate
- To make passionfruit juice, blend the pulp to crack the seeds, then strain through a fine sieve. 12 regular-sized passionfruit should yield approx 1 cup/250mL juice.
- Make the ganache first - combine the cream and passionfruit juice and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn the stove off and remove the pan. Place the chocolate in a bowl and strain the hot cream mixture over the top, constantly whisking till smooth. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or till thickened.
- Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy, then add the passionfruitjuice and beat till combined. Sift together the flour and corn starch, then stir into the creamed butter till just combined. Shape into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick, and using a 3cm-diameter circular cutter, cut rounds and place on baking paper-lined baking trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes or till just golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the tray for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread half the cookies with about 1 tsp of ganache, sandwich the remaining cookies and put them in the fridge to set. Iced yoyos will last about 3-4 days, uniced they will last for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
- Make yourself a pot of earl gray tea with a dash of lemon and honey, and indulge in a few little cookies for an afternoon or after-dinner sweet treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More