- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 cup cake meal
- 10 apples peeled and grated
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Beat together oil, egg, and sugar.
- Add cake and matzo meal beating with a fork.
- Grease pyrex and press 1/2 the batter, apples - mixed with sugar, cinnamon and lemon.
- Put rest of batter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 425 1/2 hour
- -325 1/2 hour
- Keep in mind this recipe was passed down over time, so I'm sure there was actually little measuring and instruction. A lot I guess was just guessing.
NotesOn my last birthday my best friend gave me a very special personal gift. It was a collection of recipes beautifully hand written and organized in a recipe box. Some of the recipes included had been passed down through her family. This is one of those recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More