- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 cup cake meal
- 10 apples peeled and grated
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Beat together oil, egg, and sugar.
- Add cake and matzo meal beating with a fork.
- Grease pyrex and press 1/2 the batter, apples - mixed with sugar, cinnamon and lemon.
- Put rest of batter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 425 1/2 hour
- -325 1/2 hour
- Keep in mind this recipe was passed down over time, so I'm sure there was actually little measuring and instruction. A lot I guess was just guessing.
NotesOn my last birthday my best friend gave me a very special personal gift. It was a collection of recipes beautifully hand written and organized in a recipe box. Some of the recipes included had been passed down through her family. This is one of those recipes.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
MidLife Road Trip's
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More