- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 3-4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 egg whites (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar.
- 1. Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl, and add pinch of salt.
- Whip on med. high speed until the whites start to foam up.
- 2. Gradually add the chocolate sugar mixture, then the vanilla extract,
- and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- 3. Fold in the coconut and nuts.
- 4. Scoop cookies onto parchment lined sheetpan and bake for about 15
- minutes in a 300 degree convection oven or a 350 degree conventional
NotesDon't remember where the recipe came from, searched but cannot find the source, but it is a chocolate meringue cookie with shredded coconut and pecans folded into it. Made them today getting ready for the first night of passover.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More