PASSOVER CHOCOLATE MACAROONS
Passover Chocolate Macaroons
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 3-4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 egg whites (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar.
1. Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl, and add pinch of salt.
Whip on med. high speed until the whites start to foam up.
2. Gradually add the chocolate sugar mixture, then the vanilla extract,
and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
3. Fold in the coconut and nuts.
4. Scoop cookies onto parchment lined sheetpan and bake for about 15
minutes in a 300 degree convection oven or a 350 degree conventional