PASSOVER CHOCOLATE MACAROONS
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 3-4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 egg whites (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar.
- 1. Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl, and add pinch of salt.
- Whip on med. high speed until the whites start to foam up.
- 2. Gradually add the chocolate sugar mixture, then the vanilla extract,
- and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- 3. Fold in the coconut and nuts.
- 4. Scoop cookies onto parchment lined sheetpan and bake for about 15
- minutes in a 300 degree convection oven or a 350 degree conventional
NotesDon't remember where the recipe came from, searched but cannot find the source, but it is a chocolate meringue cookie with shredded coconut and pecans folded into it. Made them today getting ready for the first night of passover.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More