- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 ounces sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic and kielbasa, and cook until kielbasa begins to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, and cayenne; cook about 4 minutes more. Stir in wine and parsley, and heat through.
- Toss ziti with kielbasa and sauerkraut, and serve immediately.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More