- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bechamel sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- s&p to taste
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, then s&p; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk and bring sauce to a bubble. Cook 5 minutes till thickened. Remove from heat.
- -Prepare your favorite baked pasta dish but do not yet assemble
- -If making baked ziti or rigatoni, mix your red sauce in to coat the pasta in the casserole dish. Pour the bechamel sauce over the top but do not mix it. Top with cheeses and bake as usual.*
- -If making lasagne, put red sauce on one layer covered with cheese (like you usually would), bechamel on the next and so forth, ending with the bechamel sauce. Top with the rest of the cheeses and then bake as usual.*
- *cover with foil until last 15 minutes - if it's not brown enough for your liking, place under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
NotesThis is my favorite way to make all kinds of pasta - with a bechamel (white sauce) in addition to a red sauce. This works for all pasta dishes - and is especially good on baked ziti, and lasagne. So rich and yummy - you'll never go back to red sauce alone!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More