- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 min
BackstoryCompliments of my sister
- 1 Box of Penne or Mezze Penne pasta
- 1 Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or homemade sauce)
- 1 7-ounce bag of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion (yellow or sweet)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- McCormick’s Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef, drain, and put back in pan on low heat.
- Boil pasta in 3 to 4 cups of water with 2 tbsp of olive oil until Al Dente. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Mince garlic and chop onion into smaller pieces.
- Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil until onions become translucent and soft.
- Transfer onions and garlic to ground beef pan.
- Season beef mixture generously with Italian seasoning or your own blend of seasonings
- Cook on low heat for five minutes.
- Transfer pasta and ground beef mixture to a casserole dish and pour in pasta sauce. Mix thoroughly and sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the top of the pasta.
- Bake uncovered for 10 to 20 minutes and ensure cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with your choice of bread or salad!