- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package bagged prewashed baby spinach
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Remove spinach from pan; place in a bowl.
- Add bacon to pan; cook 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. Immediately add pasta and the reserved cooking liquid to onion mixture in skillet. Add spinach and bacon; stir well to combine. Place skillet over low heat.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, pepper, egg, and egg white, stirring with a whisk. Add to pasta mixture, tossing well to coat. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- CALORIES 387 (26% from fat); FAT 11.3g (sat 5g,mono 4.3g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 19.5g; CHOLESTEROL 74mg; CALCIUM 231mg; SODIUM 822mg; FIBER 4.5g; IRON 4.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 52.2g
- Recipe from Cooking Light, April 2007
NotesThis is a creamy, rich pasta dish that is also healthy! My husband loves spaghetti carbonara, but I always avoid making it because of the calories. This recipe is a great way to incorporate those great flavors, while losing a lot of the fat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Short & Sweet
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More