- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package bagged prewashed baby spinach
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Remove spinach from pan; place in a bowl.
- Add bacon to pan; cook 3 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. Immediately add pasta and the reserved cooking liquid to onion mixture in skillet. Add spinach and bacon; stir well to combine. Place skillet over low heat.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, pepper, egg, and egg white, stirring with a whisk. Add to pasta mixture, tossing well to coat. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- CALORIES 387 (26% from fat); FAT 11.3g (sat 5g,mono 4.3g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 19.5g; CHOLESTEROL 74mg; CALCIUM 231mg; SODIUM 822mg; FIBER 4.5g; IRON 4.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 52.2g
- Recipe from Cooking Light, April 2007
NotesThis is a creamy, rich pasta dish that is also healthy! My husband loves spaghetti carbonara, but I always avoid making it because of the calories. This recipe is a great way to incorporate those great flavors, while losing a lot of the fat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
NFPG Recipe Collection
Get Cookin'See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More