- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen you want a simple, yet satisfying meal there is nothing better than pasta carbonara!
- 1lb. pasta (whatever shape you like!)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- olive oil
- 1/3 lb. pancetta, diced
- 1/2c. heavy cream or half & half
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 c. peas
- 1 c. parmesan cheese (plus more for finished dish)
- fresh basil
- Bring pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Be sure not to overcook.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft, 5 minutes or so. Add pancetta and saute until it is nice and brown. Add peas until they are warmed through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, egg yolks, and parmesan. When onion and pancetta have cooled a bit, add to the cream and egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- In your serving dish, combine warm pasta and sauce. Top with shaved parmesan and fresh basil. Enjoy - especially good with a nice crusty bread to sop up the sauce and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc!
Wamogo Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2015
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More