- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces Linguine noodles
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 ounces (7 slices) bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, Parmesan/Romano cheese and 1/4 teaspoons of the salt and pepper; gradually whisk in 1/4 cup of the warm reserved cooking water.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes; add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Transfer the pasta and bacon to the bowl with the egg mixture and toss until the noodles are coated (if the mixture seems dry, stir in additional reserved pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time).
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with additional Parmesan/Romano cheese and pepper, if desired.
NotesThis is an Italian pasta recipe I found in the October 2011 issue of 'Woman's Day' magazine.
Note: As in many carbonara recipes, the heat of the pasta in this one cooks the eggs, but not fully. It may be best for children, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems to avoid eating this dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More