1 cup dry pasta
grated parmesan cheese
about 1/4 cup milk or half&half or cream
4-6 strips bacon or pancetta
1. Bring water to a boil, cook pasta
2. While pasta is cooking:
- cook bacon or pancetta, drain on paper towels and crumble. Reserve at least a tblsp of bacon fat in pan
- whisk eggs and milk together, add a tsp of parmesan to egg/milk mixture
3. When pasta is done, drain. Put a low flame under the pan w the bacon fat, and put drained pasta into the pan; makes a very satisfying sizzling sound! Stir to coat pasta and then lower flame to simmer and add egg/milk mixture.
4. Stir constantly, and turn off flame entirely if you have to. You don't want the egg to scramble, you just want to it form nice, smooth, lightly thick sauce.
5. Add bacon bits to pan to warm up and continue stirring.
6. Split mixture between 2-3 bowls, add additional parmesan (and hot pepper if you like) and enjoy!
Pairs Well With
Our kids favorite weekend breakfast - yeah, it's a bit carby, but it gets some morning protein into your non-egg eaters.