- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 14.5 ounces cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots
- Meatballs (see recipe)
- 2 zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup rotini noodles
- Prepare meatballs for stew.
- In a skillet sauté onions until golden. Add flour and garlic; cook stirring for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in beef broth; bring to a boil. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf and meatballs; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice carrots diagonally, slice zucchini and green pepper. Add carrots to stew; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add zucchini and green pepper; cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- In a pot of boiling water cook rotini noodles until al dente (tender but firm). Drain; stir into stew.
NotesSource: Canadian Living's "Country Cooking" which we purchased in a quaint bookshop in Victoria, British Columbia.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More