- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese (in sauce)
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup zucchini, medium dice
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, medium dice
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh, shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Cook the penne in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Once cooked, shock by running under cold water.
- Melt the butter, add flour and mix to a smooth consistency. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Heat the cream to a simmer.
- Add the cream to the butter flour mixture.
- Whip to a smooth consistency.
- Add the salt and the Parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Blanch the broccoli.
- Sauté the zucchini and mushrooms until tender.
- Add the pasta, broccoli, tomatoes and the sauce.
- Continue to sauté until all ingredients are well incorporated and hot.
- Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
Notes*PRIMAVERA, alla [pree-muh-VEHR-uh] - This Italian phrase means "spring style" and culinarily refers to the use of fresh vegetables (raw or blanched) as a garnish to various dishes. One of the most popular dishes prepared in this manner is pasta primavera, pasta tossed or topped with diced or julienned cooked vegetables.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More