- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryPasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe is a perfect dish for any season. it is very easy to make and can be served as hot or cold. Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash is Gestational Diabetes Friendly Recipes
- •4 medium summer squash
- •2 cups basil leaves
- •⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- •¼ cup pine nuts
- •¼ cup olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, pressed
- •½ teaspoon sea salt
- •1 lb zucchini
- •1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- •4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1.Using a julienne peeler (or a regular vegetable peeler for wider ribbons), slowly julienne each squash from top to bottom.
- 2.Place julienned squash in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3.Prepare the pesto: combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until a coarse pesto forms.
- 4.Carefully toss the zucchini and yellow squash with the pesto. Top with the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.