- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 1 ½ cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
- 6 green onions
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ lb white cheese (or feta)
- Cook the pasta shells in salted water until al dente. Drain and while it begins to cool, make the dressing and prep additional ingredients.
- In a blender, combine kefir, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the peas. Blend until smooth and pale green.
- Chop the green onions into thin slices. Stack the mint leaves and slice crosswise into thin ribbons. Dice the cheese into ¼ inch cubes or crumble if using feta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, dressing, green onions, mint, cheese and remaining peas and stir to combine. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving. If the pasta absorbs the dressing, add more kefir before serving.
NotesI love recipes with healthy substitutes. Cut the mayo out of pasta salad and give it a healthy, tangy twist with kefir and some fresh peas for a fresh take on a classic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More