- Cooking Time: Pasta acc. to pck.
- Servings: 2 to 3
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pck (250g) Pasta of your choice (e.g. fusilli or penne)
- 1/2 red onion chopped finely
- 1 Tin of Tuna in juice, drained
- 1 Orange
- ca 150g fresh strawberries (ca 7 to 10 pieces depending on size)
- 1/2 pck (ca 100g) of Provolone Dolce Cheese or just your fave mild cheese cut in dice.
- 1 small jar of plain natural joghurt (I use 1,5% fat)
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp nice strong mustard (I happened to have a riesling mustard but you can use your favourite)
- Cook the Pasta according to instructions. When cooked pour into a cholander and cool under running water stir with your hands a bit while doing so.
- Chop the red onion and mix it with the Tuna in the salad bowl. Add Cheese.
- Mix the Dressing. Taste it and add some salt and pepper and even more of the maple syrup and the mustard if you like. Stir well and let stand so that it can break.
- Peel the Orange with a knife and cut the flesh in small bite size bits.
- Cut the Strawberries also in half or quarters depending on size.
- Add fruits to Tuna and Onion.
- When Pasta is cooked and cooled add it to the salad bowl.
- Pour over Dressing and combine well.
- Enjoy with a nice baguette, or on it´s own or with some croutons.
NotesIt was one of those warm evenings and I wanted something fresh and juicy but still more than just plain fruits. So I started being creative. And I really liked my resault, hope you will also.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cooking with SabraSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More