- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pasta (we used bowties at the market, but I have used penne since I like to use healthier white pastas & haven't seen bowties in the markets near me)
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar (about 5-6 tbsp for 1 box of pasta)
- Grated Cheese (enough to lightly coat the pasta)
- Baby Spinach (3/4 to 1 bag)
- Red/Yellow/Orange Peppers - cut into thin bite-size strips (about 2 peppers)
- Red Onion - thinly sliced (about 1/4 of a medium sized onion)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Cool immediately & place in bowl
- Drizzle enough olive oil to lightly coat pasta
- Add vinegar, cheese, spinach, peppers, onion, & S&P
- This is where preference comes into play - I like a little more "bite" so I add a little more vinegar. Add enough veggies that people get more than pasta in a bite. Be careful with the red onion...it can over power the rest of the dish. Also, be careful on the salt as some cheeses can be saltier than others.
NotesI used to make this salad at a take out market I worked at during my summer & holiday breaks from college. I then made it many years later at an office picnic where it was as popular as it was at the market.
One warning - I didn't have any exact measurements, but just made this the other night & tried to measure everything, but these are only guidelines if wanted.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Sailstad Family Cookbook
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More