- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI used to make this salad at a take out market I worked at during my summer & holiday breaks from college. I then made it many years later at an office picnic where it was as popular as it was at the market.
One warning - I didn't have any exact measurements, but just made this the other night & tried to measure everything, but these are only guidelines if wanted.
- Pasta (we used bowties at the market, but I have used penne since I like to use healthier white pastas & haven't seen bowties in the markets near me)
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar (about 5-6 tbsp for 1 box of pasta)
- Grated Cheese (enough to lightly coat the pasta)
- Baby Spinach (3/4 to 1 bag)
- Red/Yellow/Orange Peppers - cut into thin bite-size strips (about 2 peppers)
- Red Onion - thinly sliced (about 1/4 of a medium sized onion)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Cool immediately & place in bowl
- Drizzle enough olive oil to lightly coat pasta
- Add vinegar, cheese, spinach, peppers, onion, & S&P
- This is where preference comes into play - I like a little more "bite" so I add a little more vinegar. Add enough veggies that people get more than pasta in a bite. Be careful with the red onion...it can over power the rest of the dish. Also, be careful on the salt as some cheeses can be saltier than others.