- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup canned pasta sauce
- 2 ounces canned, tiny shrimp, drained
- 3 cups hot mac and cheese (Tasty Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese recipe)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded, imported Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-heat. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 10 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and shrimp, and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir into 2 portions, or approximately 3 cups, of hot mac and cheese along with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 520; Total fat 21g; Saturated fat 8g; Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium 840mg; Carbohydrate 59g; Fiber 4g; Protein 25g; Vitamin A 130%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 35%DV; Iron 20%DV
- * Daily Value
NotesVegaphobes won’t know that this mac and cheese harbors a can of carrots. Shhh. The casserole has three recipe variations for adventurous eaters – Pasta Florentine adds some garlic, spinach and Parmesan cheese; there’s a hint of spicy brown mustard in the Ham and Cheese variation; and Shrimp Parmesan is enhanced with a can of baby shrimp and the scent of extra-virgin olive oil.
(Goes with Tasty Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese recipe)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More