- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup canned pasta sauce
- 2 ounces canned, tiny shrimp, drained
- 3 cups hot mac and cheese (Tasty Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese recipe)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded, imported Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-heat. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 10 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and shrimp, and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir into 2 portions, or approximately 3 cups, of hot mac and cheese along with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 520; Total fat 21g; Saturated fat 8g; Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium 840mg; Carbohydrate 59g; Fiber 4g; Protein 25g; Vitamin A 130%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 35%DV; Iron 20%DV
- * Daily Value
NotesVegaphobes won’t know that this mac and cheese harbors a can of carrots. Shhh. The casserole has three recipe variations for adventurous eaters – Pasta Florentine adds some garlic, spinach and Parmesan cheese; there’s a hint of spicy brown mustard in the Ham and Cheese variation; and Shrimp Parmesan is enhanced with a can of baby shrimp and the scent of extra-virgin olive oil.
(Goes with Tasty Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese recipe)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More