- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed,crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.50 ounces) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- 3. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- 4. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- 5. Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- 6. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- 7. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- 8. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- 9. Drain.
- 10. Bring sauce to a simmer.
- 11. Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- 12. Divide pasta between plates.
- 13. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 14. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
- 2 servings
- 25 minutes 10 mins prep time 15 mins cook time
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More