PASTA WITH SAUSAGE, TOMATOES, AND CREAM
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed,crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.50 ounces) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
3. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
4. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
6. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
7. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
8. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
10. Bring sauce to a simmer.
11. Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
12. Divide pasta between plates.
13. Sprinkle with parsley.
14. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
25 minutes 10 mins prep time 15 mins cook time