Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, And Cream
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed,crumbled
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
1/4 cup diced onions
1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.50 ounces) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces pasta
1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
3. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
4. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
6. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
7. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
8. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
10. Bring sauce to a simmer.
11. Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
12. Divide pasta between plates.
13. Sprinkle with parsley.
14. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
25 minutes 10 mins prep time 15 mins cook time