- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 pound ziti rigate
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can, crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, 1 thick slice from deli, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Softened butter to coat a medium casserole or baking dish
- Bring large pot of water to boil, then salt and cook pasta to al dente on the chewy side, 7 minutes.
- Once your pasta water comes to a boil to cook ziti, preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- To medium skillet over medium heat add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Cook onions and garlic in oil 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring to a bubble.
- Add cream and season sauce with cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped prosciutto to sauce and stir with cooked pasta to combine.
- Coat a medium casserole with the butter. Adjust seasonings and transfer pasta to casserole.
- Cover pasta with Parmigiano-Reggiano and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot from oven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More