PASTA AL FORNO
- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 pound ziti rigate
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can, crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, 1 thick slice from deli, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Softened butter to coat a medium casserole or baking dish
Bring large pot of water to boil, then salt and cook pasta to al dente on the chewy side, 7 minutes.
Once your pasta water comes to a boil to cook ziti, preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
To medium skillet over medium heat add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Cook onions and garlic in oil 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and bring to a bubble.
Add cream and season sauce with cinnamon, salt and pepper.
Add chopped prosciutto to sauce and stir with cooked pasta to combine.
Coat a medium casserole with the butter. Adjust seasonings and transfer pasta to casserole.
Cover pasta with Parmigiano-Reggiano and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot from oven.