- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- • 1 Lb - Rigatoni
- • 1 Qt. - Tomato paste
- • 1 - Large eggplant
- • 2 Cloves garlic
- • 2 Leaves basil
- • 4 Tbs - Ricotta Salata (Salted seasoned ricotta)
- • EV olive oil
- • Frying oil
- • Salt & pepper
- • Cut the eggplant into round slices 1/2 thick. Do not remove the peel.
- • Deep fry the eggplants slices in oil. Once finished remove excess oil with paper towel.
- • In a saucepan add EV olive oil and chopped garlic.
- • Once the garlic turns blonde add the tomato paste and the basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- • Cook for 15 minutes.
- • Cut the fried eggplants into strips about 1 inch wide and add to the sauce.
- • Cook for an additional 10 mins.
- • Cook the rigatoni and put in a large bowl. Add the sauce and mix well.
- • Serve and garnish with Ricotta Salata.
NotesPasta alla Norma... another Sicilian signature dish. This recipe comes from Nonna Rosalia Caravella, Sicily.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Brown Sugar Butterfinger Drop Cookies
Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingSee More