- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- • 1 Lb - Rigatoni
- • 1 Qt. - Tomato paste
- • 1 - Large eggplant
- • 2 Cloves garlic
- • 2 Leaves basil
- • 4 Tbs - Ricotta Salata (Salted seasoned ricotta)
- • EV olive oil
- • Frying oil
- • Salt & pepper
- • Cut the eggplant into round slices 1/2 thick. Do not remove the peel.
- • Deep fry the eggplants slices in oil. Once finished remove excess oil with paper towel.
- • In a saucepan add EV olive oil and chopped garlic.
- • Once the garlic turns blonde add the tomato paste and the basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- • Cook for 15 minutes.
- • Cut the fried eggplants into strips about 1 inch wide and add to the sauce.
- • Cook for an additional 10 mins.
- • Cook the rigatoni and put in a large bowl. Add the sauce and mix well.
- • Serve and garnish with Ricotta Salata.
NotesPasta alla Norma... another Sicilian signature dish. This recipe comes from Nonna Rosalia Caravella, Sicily.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More