PASTA ALLA NORMA
- Servings: 4
- • 1 Lb - Rigatoni
- • 1 Qt. - Tomato paste
- • 1 - Large eggplant
- • 2 Cloves garlic
- • 2 Leaves basil
- • 4 Tbs - Ricotta Salata (Salted seasoned ricotta)
- • EV olive oil
- • Frying oil
- • Salt & pepper
• Cut the eggplant into round slices 1/2 thick. Do not remove the peel.
• Deep fry the eggplants slices in oil. Once finished remove excess oil with paper towel.
• In a saucepan add EV olive oil and chopped garlic.
• Once the garlic turns blonde add the tomato paste and the basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook for 15 minutes.
• Cut the fried eggplants into strips about 1 inch wide and add to the sauce.
• Cook for an additional 10 mins.
• Cook the rigatoni and put in a large bowl. Add the sauce and mix well.
• Serve and garnish with Ricotta Salata.
Website Credit: http://cookingwithnonna.com/