- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- • 1 Lb - Rigatoni
- • 1 Qt. - Tomato paste
- • 1 - Large eggplant
- • 2 Cloves garlic
- • 2 Leaves basil
- • 4 Tbs - Ricotta Salata (Salted seasoned ricotta)
- • EV olive oil
- • Frying oil
- • Salt & pepper
- • Cut the eggplant into round slices 1/2 thick. Do not remove the peel.
- • Deep fry the eggplants slices in oil. Once finished remove excess oil with paper towel.
- • In a saucepan add EV olive oil and chopped garlic.
- • Once the garlic turns blonde add the tomato paste and the basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- • Cook for 15 minutes.
- • Cut the fried eggplants into strips about 1 inch wide and add to the sauce.
- • Cook for an additional 10 mins.
- • Cook the rigatoni and put in a large bowl. Add the sauce and mix well.
- • Serve and garnish with Ricotta Salata.
NotesPasta alla Norma... another Sicilian signature dish. This recipe comes from Nonna Rosalia Caravella, Sicily.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More