- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive Oil
- crushed garlic
- crushed red pepper
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 packages frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken stock (I dissolved a bouillon cube in warm water)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (any brand, reduced sodium, reduced fat whatever your pleasure)
- 1 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 box pasta (any shape - I use rigatoni a lot but made it with whole wheat spaghetti last time)
- In a large skillet, drizzle a few rounds of Olive oil. Add crushed garlic and red pepper (I like a lot of red pepper and I will also throw in a hot pepper then fish it out). Add sliced mushrooms and brown. Add frozen broccoli and the chicken stock. Throw in salt, pepper, whatever seasonings you like. When the broccoli starts to thaw, throw in a can of cream of mushroom soup. This gives the sauce a creamy texture without the calories/fat of heavy cream. Throw in the grated cheese.
- As this is all simmering and getting saucy, boil a pot of salted water and your pasta.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the veggies and sauce mixture. Top with some more grated cheese.
NotesThank you Marina @ fashionism!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More