- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef, 95% lean
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 29 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans
- 15 ounces canned great northern beans
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 11 1/2 ounces V-8® vegetable juice
- 3 cups fat-free beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 ounces whole wheat macaroni, elbow
- Bring a large deep saucepan, half- filled with water, to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and follow directions on package until cooked al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, brown the ground beef in a nonstick saucepan over
- medium-high heat. Once that is almost cooked through, add the garlic and
- cook until the meat is completely browned. Add the onion, celery and
- carrot to the beef mixture and let the ingredients cook together for about
- 5 minutes.
- Except for the pasta, add all remaining ingredients to the beef mixture, cover the saucepan and lower heat to simmer. Simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and continue to simmer 15 minutes more.
NotesIf you love Olive Garden's Pasta e Fagioli, you must try this at-home version... all of the taste and flavor, much less fat and calories.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More