- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 /2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 or so oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tblsp capers
- 1 (32oz) can crushed tomatoes
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 to 6oz) bag fresh baby spinach & radicchio salad mix
- 1 lb pasta cooked to al dente
- Grated Parmigiano cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, onion, garlic, anchovies and crushed pepper. Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic is tender, about 3 minutes. Add olives, capers, tomatoes, salt & pepper, parsley and spinach & radicchio. Bring sauce to a bubble, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta, garnish with plenty of cheese and serve.
NotesMy take on the classic Streetwalker's pasta dish, because I like "to mix things up", I'm told. My version adds radicchio & baby spinach, which happen to be available in a handy, prepackaged combo bag nowadays in the produce section of most grocer's (any brand is suitable- whatever looks freshest). I DO recommend Muir Glen fire-roasted tomatoes for this recipe because they are way better than not-fire-roasted tomatoes in it. And I would also suggest using hi-qual olives AND anchovies in OIL, as the oil they come in adds another layer of richness to be absorbed by the pasta and greens. I personally like this made with penne, but you toss it with whatever YOU prefer!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More