- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10-12 oz pasta, any short shape (I used tri-color rotini)
- 12-1 oz asparagus, pref. slender
- * 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced (use the jarred stuff)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat (Montrachet) chees, grated fresh Parm or feta cheese (I used Feta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta accordingly and drain.
- Trim and peel asparagus. Cut spears into 1-2" long pieces.
- Heat oil in skillet and add garlic. Saute over low heat until golden, 1 minute. Add red pepper and asparagus and a small amount of water. Cover and steam until veggies are to your liking (asparagus should still be bright green).
- Combine pasta, asparagus mixture and cheese in serving container and toss well. You can add cooked chicken at this point as well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Original recipe serves 4. Per serving: 244 calories, 12 g total fat, 9 g protein
Notes(The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet Cookbook by Nava Atlas)
Original recipe serves 4. Per serving: 244 calories, 12 g total fat, 9 g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More