- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10-12 oz pasta, any short shape (I used tri-color rotini)
- 12-1 oz asparagus, pref. slender
- * 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced (use the jarred stuff)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat (Montrachet) chees, grated fresh Parm or feta cheese (I used Feta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta accordingly and drain.
- Trim and peel asparagus. Cut spears into 1-2" long pieces.
- Heat oil in skillet and add garlic. Saute over low heat until golden, 1 minute. Add red pepper and asparagus and a small amount of water. Cover and steam until veggies are to your liking (asparagus should still be bright green).
- Combine pasta, asparagus mixture and cheese in serving container and toss well. You can add cooked chicken at this point as well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Original recipe serves 4. Per serving: 244 calories, 12 g total fat, 9 g protein
Notes(The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet Cookbook by Nava Atlas)
Original recipe serves 4. Per serving: 244 calories, 12 g total fat, 9 g protein
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More