- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10-12 oz pasta, any short shape (I used tri-color rotini)
- 12-1 oz asparagus, pref. slender
- * 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced (use the jarred stuff)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat (Montrachet) chees, grated fresh Parm or feta cheese (I used Feta)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta accordingly and drain.
- Trim and peel asparagus. Cut spears into 1-2" long pieces.
- Heat oil in skillet and add garlic. Saute over low heat until golden, 1 minute. Add red pepper and asparagus and a small amount of water. Cover and steam until veggies are to your liking (asparagus should still be bright green).
- Combine pasta, asparagus mixture and cheese in serving container and toss well. You can add cooked chicken at this point as well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Original recipe serves 4. Per serving: 244 calories, 12 g total fat, 9 g protein
Notes(The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet Cookbook by Nava Atlas)
Original recipe serves 4. Per serving: 244 calories, 12 g total fat, 9 g protein
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More