PASTA WITH BROCCOLI AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-cured)
- 10-12 oz. pasta, any short chunky shape (I used Barilla Omega-3 fortified whole grain penne)
- 2-3 good-sized broccoli crowns, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parm. cheese (or the soy version)
If the tomatoes you are using aren't moist, soak in hot water for 10 minutes and drain, then slice.
Cook pasta accordingly.
Steam broccoli on stove or microwave until tender-Crisp.
Combine pasta and broccoli in serving container. Add oil, tomatoes and cheese and toss together. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
For a heartier dish, add 16 oz. frozen ricotta cavatelli (but be careful of the sodium content!)