- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups pasta (I usually use tubes)
- 1 small onion Sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (I usually used leftover marinated and grilled)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Garlic to taste
- 4-6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp oil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente in boiling water.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add onions, vinegar and sugar. Sautee until soft and golden. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth (start with one cup and leave remaining in case the sauce needs to be thickened later), chicken, garlic and cream. Cook until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, cheese and basil. Mix with pasta and serve.
NotesThis dish is rich and impressive but really easy to make. It can be made with shrimp instead of chicken if you prefer.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More