- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups pasta (I usually use tubes)
- 1 small onion Sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (I usually used leftover marinated and grilled)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Garlic to taste
- 4-6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp oil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente in boiling water.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add onions, vinegar and sugar. Sautee until soft and golden. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth (start with one cup and leave remaining in case the sauce needs to be thickened later), chicken, garlic and cream. Cook until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, cheese and basil. Mix with pasta and serve.
NotesThis dish is rich and impressive but really easy to make. It can be made with shrimp instead of chicken if you prefer.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More