- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis dish is rich and impressive but really easy to make. It can be made with shrimp instead of chicken if you prefer.
- 2 Cups pasta (I usually use tubes)
- 1 small onion Sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (I usually used leftover marinated and grilled)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Garlic to taste
- 4-6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp oil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente in boiling water.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add onions, vinegar and sugar. Sautee until soft and golden. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth (start with one cup and leave remaining in case the sauce needs to be thickened later), chicken, garlic and cream. Cook until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, cheese and basil. Mix with pasta and serve.