- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups pasta (I usually use tubes)
- 1 small onion Sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (I usually used leftover marinated and grilled)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Garlic to taste
- 4-6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp oil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente in boiling water.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Add onions, vinegar and sugar. Sautee until soft and golden. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth (start with one cup and leave remaining in case the sauce needs to be thickened later), chicken, garlic and cream. Cook until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, cheese and basil. Mix with pasta and serve.
NotesThis dish is rich and impressive but really easy to make. It can be made with shrimp instead of chicken if you prefer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Koken met Oma
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More