- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound of short pasta, penne, ziti, rigatoni, etc.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, quaretered lenthwise and then cut into chunks
- 10 frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- handful of frozen peas
- handful of fresh basil, torn
- handful of kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- chicken broth
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder, saute in mixture of butter and a little oil until brown. Remove and set aside. Add in a little more oil if your pan is dry and saute onion in olive oil, add zucchini and leave it a lone for a minute until it browns a little, add garlic and let cook for a minute or so and then add artichoke hearts. They won't really brown but will soften. (*See Note) Add tomato paste and stir, let it cook for a minute. Deglaze pan with wine and scrape up any browned bits that stuck to the pan. When liquid reduces add chicken broth a little at a time to get the consistency of sauce you want. Add kalamata olives, salt and pepper and let cook for about 20 minutes. Add cooked chicken and peas to the pan and stir. Chicken is already cooked so just let it simmer for a couple of minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- While sauce is cooking, boil water for pasta, season well with salt. When sauce is almost ready drop the pasta. When pasta is al dente toss with sauce and serve.
- *note - I used some fresh tomatoes but they weren't ripe enough and didn't do anything for the dish so I didn't put it in the recipe. However, if you have beautiful ripe plum tomatoes you could add them here.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
It's all about that proteinSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More