- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound orechiette or similar pasta (fettuccini would work as well)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (use fresh if available)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons white truffle oil (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then the mushrooms. Sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the oregano, salt, pepper and garlic; sauté another minute. Add the wine and reduce by about one-half. Stir in the cream and cook until slightly reduced. Add the truffle oil; taste for seasoning. Drain the pasta and pour it into the sauce, with just a little of the pasta water, and stir to combine. Reduce heat and let set about 2 minutes. Serve, passing the grated cheese.